Terms and Conditions
'The Company': Strangewood T/A Hi-Spek Mail Order, Hi-Spek On-Line and Hi-Spek Direct. The 'products'or'goods' are items offered to the general public for sale and for use in a domestic environment, or items appearing on an invoice issued by The Company. 'The Customer' is the person(s) offering payment in exchange for products or goods or services from The Company. The following are Terms & Conditions for the sale of goods that will govern any contract for sale entered into through Hi-Spek Mail Order, Hi-Spek On-Line or Hi-Spek Direct. Please read them carefully or print a copy for your future reference.
- The Company will only accept orders based on their 'Terms & Conditions'.
- These Terms & Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- The Company and/or its agents will treat each order as an offer by you to purchase the goods subject to these Terms & Conditions. The Company's prices represent an 'Invitation to Treat' and can be amended or withdrawn at any time.
- The price and Terms & Conditions of Sale can vary from any other division of the Strangewood Limited Group. The terms of sale and delivery charges may vary.
- The right to refuse the supply of any goods will be at The Company's discretion.
- The Term 'Special Order' refers to any products/goods not ranged by The Company or a product designed or altered specifically at the request of the customer. All 'Special Orders' will require payment in full before ordering.
- The Company accepts orders on the basis that goods are subject to availability.
- We may change our Terms & Conditions from time to time without prior notice.
- All products sold are of a technical nature and we are sometimes unable to give full specifications of all products.
- All prices shown are inclusive of VAT we reserve the right to change any advertised prices at any time.
- The total price you pay for the goods will be stipulated at the point of payment. The Company is entitled to adjust the advertised price to take account of any increase in our supplier's prices, the imposition of any new taxes or duties, typographical error, or error in pricing information from suppliers. Should The Company have cause to adjust the price you will be offered the opportunity to cancel the order before the despatch of the goods.
- The Company accepts all major credit and debit cards. These include MasterCard, Visa, Visa Debit, Switch/Maestro, Connect, Solo and Delta. The Company also offers Buy Now Pay Later and Interest Free Credit, subject to conditions and subject to status. Please ask the mail order team for details and/or a written quotation. All payment methods offered are subject to change at any time. We can accept payment by cheque however we require cleared funds prior to any order being released.
- In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price due to the above (see condition 11) we shall have the right to refuse or cancel any order submitted at the incorrect price whether or not the order has been confirmed. If your payment has already been processed and we subsequently cancel your order, we will immediately issue a refund for the full value of the amount processed.
- Ownership and title in the goods will only pass to the purchaser upon receipt of full payment.
- Please note our 'In-Store Price' may vary from our Internet/Mail Order.
- All items offered are subject to availability and may change according to supply and also manufacturer change. If orders cannot be fulfilled due to shortage of stock we will call you to offer a suitable alternative model.
- If a product becomes discontinued we will seek to provide the new replacement automatically, providing there is no change in price or quote to you the difference or suggest an alternative we have in stock of the same value should you prefer.
- If we are unable to contact you in relation to product changes, price changes or errors within a reasonable timeframe we will treat the order as cancelled and not process any payment.
- Under the United Kingdom's Distance Selling Regulations 2000 you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of any item within 7 working days of delivery (starting the day after you receive the goods). This is your UK statutory right. This will apply to your order unless you have purchased consumable Video, DVD, Audio, Multimedia or Software where the item has been unsealed.
- If the order has been processed, but the goods not dispatched, a full refund will be given within seven days.
- If goods have been dispatched and you subsequently cancel your order, under the Distance Selling Regulations as part of our Terms & Conditions you must take reasonable care of the goods. It will be your responsibility to return these goods to The Company at St Albans at your cost (See our Refund & Exchange Policy - Clause 23).
- The Company offer a twenty-eight day exchange policy (subject to conditions) as follows:
- Once arranged, appliance collection or connections which are aborted (as outlined in clause 27) or cancelled will still be charged. No refund will be offered.
- The Company will not accept goods returned that are found not to be faulty, goods ordered incorrectly or because the customer does not require them. This includes all mail order & Internet transactions that fall outside "The Distance Selling Regulations". Under "The Distance Selling Regulations" you have a seven day cooling off period. Product cancellations after the 7 day cooling off period and within the 28 day period will be subjected to a 30% restocking fee if the boxes have been opened, for products unopened a charge of 10% applies provided the item is not a "Special Order". There will also be a charge to return the item to us depending on the product type and method of collection.
- The Company will within a period of 28 days exchange or refund in full any product that is found to have a confirmed fault or defect. This is subject to the goods not being misused or damaged in anyway. All products must be returned with all components (Instruction booklet, remote control, packaging, leads etc) and in the original packaging. Refunds & Exchanges will not be carried out until the product has been returned in its original packaging with ALL accessories & instructions.
- Thereafter, all confirmed faults would be repaired within the period and terms of the Manufacturers' warranty.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
- All refunds issued will be the same as the tender type, however if this is not possible a cheque refund will be raised via our Head Office.
Distance Selling Regulations
- In accordance with EU distance selling regulations, we provide a seven working day cooling off period with a right to cancel for all online orders. This period starts the day after the goods are received. Hispek will accept returns on goods even if the packaging has been opened to inspect them. All goods need to be returned in the original packing and with all accessories and instructions before returning.
If you wish to return your item please notify us in writing to the address below or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You are liable for the cost incurred in returning the item but will be refunded the full purchase cost including any original delivery fees. If the items are returned without original packaging, accessories or instructions then the costs will be calculated and deducted from the amount refunded.
- When you shop with The Company on our Internet site, all your financial transactions are entirely secure. Our secure server software encrypts all your payment card details. The process scrambles all the information, allowing no unauthorised third party to intercept the data. Your browser will confirm that you are shopping in a secure environment by showing either a locked padlock icon or an image of a key in the grey bar at the bottom of your screen.
- Please be advised that if you purchase equipment from The Company, your name and address may be used by Domestic & General for marketing purposes. Unless required by law this information will not be supplied to any third party. Should you prefer not to receive such marketing information please advise us on email address email@example.com
- All Deliveries from hispek.com is to MAINLAND UK and Northern Ireland only* surcharge areas see clause 27
- We offer the following delivery services:
Description of Goods
The Company will not accept responsibility / liability for representations made by a third party for products features or suitability for a particular use. (E.g. Manufacturers, magazine articles, Internet etc). Hi-Spek staff are trained to explain features and benefits and are able to provide information if so requested, in relation to a products features and benefits.
Images shown on the website are for illustration purposes only and may not be representative of the product. For further details, please call Hispek Sales on 01727 791 133.
Payment & Price
Refund & Exchange Policy
Secure Online Shopping
Data Protection Act
Delivery & Delivery Times
Delivery to UK mainland on most Brown goods (TV Plasma, DVDR) usually within 5 working days, some larger items may take up 14 to 21 days. (In case of any queries, please check with an advisor) Premium next day service available at additional cost. (Please call 01727 791133).
Standard Delivery Charges
TV's FREE to £79.95 depending on screen size
AV products from iPod docks to Speaker packages and bluray £5.95 to £14.95
Delivery of White goods (cookers, washing machines, tumble dryers) are calculated dependent on your postcode. A subsidised charge ranging from FREE - £69.95 will be levied per order.
Our delivery service is a standard delivery and covers most areas of the mainland UK and Northern Ireland. *
The exceptions are the following postcodes:
- All PA
- All IV
- All AB
- All PH
- All KW
- All ZE
- All HS
- All JE
- All GY
All the above postcode areas carry additional surcharges over and above prices shown; they range from £7.00 for smaller items up to as much as £85.00 for larger items.
The majority of our deliveries are made by a courier will be one-man only this enables us to remain as competitive as possible.
Two Working Days notice of cancellation is required once a delivery date has been arranged. Delivery is chargeable if insufficient notice of cancellation is given. The charge can vary from £19.99 to £69.99 depending on the product and the delivery postcode.
Once you have completed your purchase we will forward your details to our third party carrier. For items in stock you will receive a call to book your delivery normally within 2 to 3 days, for special orders the timescale will differ.
Our Carriers have a scheduled route and it may be that they only deliver to certain postcodes on certain days. This will generally be the same route each week, therefore you will need to make yourself available on that day. If you are not available on the first date offered, we will offer you the next available date. Please accept our apologies in advance if the third party carriers route is not the most suitable day for you. If you wish to specify a particular date, or request a date outside the schedule, we will endeavour to meet your request. This will be at your cost - price & payment will be quoted prior to delivery of the goods.
Please take this into account prior to purchasing our products, as once these items are dispatched from our warehouse the costs involved with their return will be with the customer.
Items will be delivered to a ground floor room of your choice providing access is available, unless delivered using our pallet service which will be to your doorstep only. All goods must be checked for damage on arrival of the couriers before signing for, otherwise we are not liable for any damage and the goods will not be exchanged. Any damage must be stated on the delivery note when signing.
American Side-by-side units - Please note these units will be delivered to a room of your choice providing access is available. The removal of packaging and / or doors will be at the driver's discretion and will incur a charge payable directly to a sales representative by telephone at point of delivery.
Clearance and Re-packaged Items - delivery is made on a pallet service and therefore will only be delivered to your doorstep. Removal of an old appliance is not available with clearance or re-packaged items
If you have ordered multiple items from us we will combine your delivery, which may lead to a longer delivery timescale.
Time limit for notification of claim
If your goods arrive in a damaged condition, you must inform the company within 48 hours regardless as to how they were delivered. Notification can be posted to: Hispek Electronics, 8 Acrewood Way, St Albans, Herts. AL4 0JY or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Upgraded DVD Players
Please note that the upgrade performed on our DVD players will be compatible with most DVD titles currently sold. New release of software in the future may be incompatible; in which case a subsequent upgrade may be required. There will be an additional charge for this.
TFT LCD Monitors & Televisions
These displays are made up of thousands of pixels. For example a 15" flat screen with a resolution of 1024x768 has 786423 pixels. Each pixel comprises three sub-pixels (red, green " blue) making almost 2.4 million dots. Behind each pixel is a transistor. When a transistor fails it manifests itself as a bright, dark or coloured dot on the screen that stands out from the rest. Today's production techniques unfortunately cannot guarantee an absolutely fault-free screen display and buyers should be aware of the possibility of imperfections (in the form of a few isolated constantly lit/unlit pixels) before choosing to purchase a TFT monitor or television. Due to this there is a commonly accepted "tolerance level" by which TFT's may display such imperfections (or stuck pixels) without being classified as faulty. As such, we can only take back displays as faulty for refund/repair if the number of stuck pixels exceeds the manufacturer's guidelines. The number required for the monitor or television to be classified as faulty does vary between manufacturers. Please check with the relevant manufacturers as to their 'tolerance level'.
This does not affect any other statutory rights you may have.
Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
The Customer Services Manager
8 Acrewood Way
Company Reg. No 1972919
Hispek.com is a trading name of the Strangewood ltd group, registered office
8 Acrewood Way
Company Reg. No 1972919
E & OE (Errors & Omissions Excepted)